суббота, 13 октября 2012 г.

6th day of the vacation - A bit of everything

I've tried a bit of the New Little King's Story on PS Vita today and I already got stuck in that traditional 'WTF, Japan?!' game. First of all, I just don't feel very comfortable with the world's gamedev, which simply ignores PS Vita, and there's just a total preponderance of Japanese production.

Let's take this masterpiece of japanese game development. It looks like it's been designed for children under 3 years old, but the gameplay just kills my 25 years old brain. I've already read tons of text (it's so common for jap games), but I still don't get the plot. I even might need some kind of a walkthrough to cope with this game.
Just a couple of words about Dead Nation (PS3): I could do this all day. Run and shoot, shoot and run, throw explosive things, blow up cars and exterminate tons of zombies letting them go down in flame. I guess I'll need to spend more time with this game, and I feel ready for it, cause its gameplay smells like unrelenting fun.
Cliff Diving (PS Vita) is a third game to speak of today. It's something cute, funny and totally casual. The objective is clear: you're standing on a trampoline and you have a small area of water to dive in. The whole gameplay is based on QTE and requires perfect timing.

The game is playable only with an augmented reality card, if you have one (PS Vita kit includes a set of them), which should only mark an area somewhere in the real world to place the cliff. And it looks quite funny so see a freaky diver jumping into the ocean on your table smashing into objects, hurting his balls, breaking his bones...

But actually it's a bit bad for the game, 'cos it's really no matter where you place the card, the gameplay would never change, but the necessity to use the AR all the time makes the game impossible to play on your way to work or study or anywhere else. So Cliff Diving just buries itself alive with that.

To sum up everything mentioned above, I didn't play any worthy games today.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий